Some tips that will help all owners in knowing whether their dogs are cold or not and how to make them feel warmer in the cold winter.
Winter has come and we are all doing what we could to keep ourselves warm during this awful cold, but some people don’t know that their dogs might be cold too and that their fur is not keeping them warm enough.
So here is how to know if your dog is cold or not and how to make him warmer.
1. If your dog is shaking or trembling it might be a sign of excitement and happiness but it also may indicate that the dog is cold.
2. You may have to start listening to your dog, as dogs tend to howl, whine, and bark if they feel cold and you should take your dog to the house and warm him as fast as you could.
3. If your dog is lacking energy this is a horrible condition because it may indicate hypothermia and the symptoms are weakness, shallow, and slow breath, and muscle stiffness.
4. Make sure to touch the dog’s ear if they are cold it means that the whole dog is cold and needs to be warmed fast.
5. If your dog is turning into a ball or standing up with a hunched back and a tucked tail then he is definitely cold.
6. See if your dog is stiff or limping because this means that your dog’s paws are cold or the dog’s muscles are stiff due to the cold temperature and he/she is taking cautious steps.
7. If you are cold well your dog is also cold because dogs with short fur and also the ones with long fur die because of extreme low temperature, and losing a dog is like losing a family member and you should never leave them outside in the coldest month of the year.
Make sure to provide a warm bed for your dog, dress him/her with heavy clothes, don’t bathe the dog outside of the house in the cold months, and dogs who get wet by the rain should be drained immediately.
If you like this make sure to SHARE it with all your friends.