Fifteen incredible facts that you probably didn’t know about your dog.
Dogs are the greatest pets on our planet; the reason why? Well, for one, they are loyal, selfless, and infinitely adorable. I am not being biased because I am a dog lover, but after reading these facts, I made my mind up.
Here are the 15 pieces of information you never knew about our four-legged friends.
1. Dogs are able to see much better than humans in low lighting because of a special membrane they have called tapetum lucidum.
2. The normal body temperature of a dog on average ranges between 101-102.5ºF, so do not panic; your dog probably isn’t having a fever.
3. Dogs have a harder time cooling down than human beings do because, in addition to the cooling effect of their panting, they can only sweat through the pads of their legs.
4. The sense of smell of a dog is 10,000-100,000 times more stronger than that of a human.
5. Dogs are capable of hearing high-pitched sounds. To put this in perspective, humans can hear best at 2,000 Hz, whereas, dogs can hear best at 8,000 Hz.